出处是一位900年前的游行僧
from a random monk who lived 900 years ago:
年少时
When I was a young man,
我想要改变世界
I wanted to change the world.
我发现这很难
I found it was difficult to change the world,
于是我试着改变我的国家
so I tried to change my nation.
当我发现自己不能改变国家
When I found I couldn't change the nation,
我便致力于改变自己的家乡
I began to focus on my town.
仍不能如愿
I couldn't change the town
我已垂垂老矣
and as an older man,
我试着改变自己的家人
I tried to change my family.
如今,年老体衰
Now, as an old man,
我才明白
I realize
我唯一能改变的就是自己
the only thing I can change is myself,
我突然意识到
and suddenly I realize that
如果多年前我曾改变自己
if long ago I had changed myself,
或许我会对家人造成很大的影响
I could have made an impact on my family.
我和家人或许会给家乡造成影响
My family and I could have made an impact on our town.
而家乡的改变亦会影响整个国家
Their impact could have changed the nation
那么我当真可以改变世界了
and I could indeed have changed the world.
不过说真的
For real though,
放轻松
Relax
暂时停止思考吧
and give your mind a break,
不要再为未来忧思烦心
stop worrying so much about your future
感受生命的美好
and just take in the beauty of life.
你有能力改变自己的想法
You have the power to change your thoughts,
你有能力
you have the power
让明天成为比今天更美好的一天
to make tomorrow a better day than today was,
或许并不是急剧的变化
it might not be tremendously better,
但是那些小小的胜利
but the small victories
会慢慢累积
slowly add up
而你随着每天的生活
when you live life day by day
学着欣赏细小的事物
and learn to appreciate the small things